My girl Wendy tagged me for this meme a couple of days ago. I was aiming to publish it on Valentine's Day. Oops.
Here it is, one day late:
My Perfect Partner:
- Knows how to make me laugh, through something as simple as a comment muttered under his breath -- and has the uncanny ability to deliver when he knows I need a laugh in the worst way.
- Puts up with my late night rambling (sometimes after we've been too busy to do more than just grunt at each other all evening) -- significant especially because he's a morning person and I am a night person. And on the flip side, he Is gentle and patient with me in the morning when I'm struggling to wake up, and fixes me coffee and breakfast every day.
- Lets me vent about work, family, or other frustrations without getting defensive or riled up (on his behalf or mine). Offers his assistance to resolve the problem when possible, and otherwise just lets me get the badness out of my system.
- Knows when to hold 'em, knows when to fold 'em. Knows when to walk away, he knows when to run... (seriously. He knows how to pick his battles with me and with the kids.)
- Shows unfailing patience and love when interacting with our girls. He's not afraid of a dirty diaper, a snotty nose, a temper tantrum, or a child getting into something that she shouldn't be -- he handles most every situation with aplomb. And although he rules with a firm hand, his daughters adore him.
- Has the sexiest muscular legs and the most expressive hazel eyes.
- Makes me proud when I see him with others -- he's a good friend and neighbor who cares about people, which is extremely important to me. I couldn't be with someone who is not a good citizen and a caring person.
- Lets me have my own interests and activities (as he has his own) -- but also recognizes the importance of doing things together as a couple and as a family. He gives me the private time I need when I need it, but balances that with activities that we can do as a family.
My perfect partner is J. He is a wonderful husband, father, and friend, and he is my valentine every day of the year. Love you schnookums-pookums.*
*we don't really call each other that, but I bet $100 it will make J laugh out loud in his office. Did I win, J?